The Confucius Institute at UNSW is Australia’s leading organisation for promoting Chinese language and training senior executives to compete and succeed in China.
We provide thought leadership to Corporate Australia on the Chinese economy and actively engage in public discourse regarding the Sino-Australian diplomatic and economic relationship.
We are firmly grounded in our belief in China as a positive transformative power for Australia and provide opportunities for young people and businesses to connect with and understand China.
The Confucius Institute at UNSW was founded in 2009 as a joint venture between UNSW Australia and Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
While our foundations are in teaching Chinese language and promoting China’s culture to undergraduate students and members of the wider Sydney community, we also specialise in executive education to senior managers from leading Australian and multinational corporations focused on trade and investment with China.
Our flagship programs and initiatives include:
- Executive education programs in partnership with the Australian Graduate School of Management and the Antai College of Economics & Management
- Chinese language courses to undergraduate students majoring and minoring in Chinese Studies at UNSW Australia
- Chinese language courses to members of the wider community through the UNSW Institute of Languages
- Weekly Chinese Corner events to provide exposure to native Chinese speakers and opportunities to practice Chinese in a rich cultural and linguistic environment
- Study tours to China offering the opportunity to immerse students in Chinese language and culture in vibrant cities and cultural centres